Pre-scandal Tiger Woods was one of the most memorable athletes of our era. The tournaments he entered were easily more marketable, as he had this mystique about him that just attracted people. Everyone wanted him to win – especially the PGA who needed him to for monetary reasons. Same thing happened when Michael Jordan came out of a tunnel in the mid 90’s. MJ jerseys are still abundant and his shoeline is a best seller. What does this have to do with Avicii you ask? Respect. Avicii is the current MJ/Tiger of the current EDM era. At EDC this year, when Avicii was performing on the main stage it was just as crowded as when the Swedish House Mafia was playing. The only difference is – there are THREE of them and only one of Avicii.
As if it isn’t tough enough to open for Avicii, it becomes even harder when screaming fans are practically begging you to get off the stage. When Tim finally does appear people push, shove, take out their cell phones and cameras to just get a shot of him. Are you starting to see the likeness towards Jordan and Woods? Here is the thing though: Avicii’s only 21 years of age, DJ’s have a longer shelf-life than athletes or even some actors and actresses (you only stay good looking/ lie about your age for so long). With the EDM revolution coming on in full force, Avicii is the poster boy for a new generation of DJs, building off the work done by legendary names like Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, David Guetta, and of course Deadmau5. They all created new sounds in their own rights, growing the EDM scene slowly but surely, and now Avicii seems to be doing the same.
It’s only been about a year since Tim broke through and started gaining a substantial following. Hewill probably be dropping heaters for two more decades. Let me repeat…two more decades. Do you realize our children could be repping Avicii? Amazing. We’ve heard the haters – “Dancing Astronaut jocks Avicii so hard”. Our answer is this – you are goddamn right we jock him hard, he is just that good.
Note: The image above shows a fellow Astrobro loving life at the Avicii pool party. The handsome gentleman directly above the first ‘E’ on the watermark with his eyes closed and one finger up is none other than Brett from Dancing Astronaut. Ladies – email Brett at email@example.com if you want to meet this good looking bucket of charm.
Crushing it – a term coined by your favorite astronauts to describe the abnormally high levels of energy caused by reckless levels of alcohol consumption and an abundance of female attention.
Music played by Avicii helps you crush it anywhere, anytime.
01. Philter – Revolver (Avicii Remix) [White Label] (3min)
02. Summerburst ID 01
03. GTA feat. Zashanell – U&I [Mixmash]
04. Henrik B – Acid Rocker [The Mansion] w/ Justice vs. Simian – We Are Your Friends (Acappella) [Ed Banger]
05. Diddy, Dirty Money feat. Skylar Grey – Coming Home (Dirty South Remix) [Interscope] w/ Green Velvet – Flash (Nicky Romero Remix) [Relief]
06. Alex Kenji, Starkillers & Nadia Ali – Pressure (Alesso Remix) [Spinnin]
07. Hard Rock Sofa & St. Brothers – Blow Up (Thomas Gold vs. Axwell Remix) [Axtone]
08. Summerburst ID 02
09. Sander van Doorn – Koko [Doorn] w/ Afrojack & R3hab – Prutataaa [Wall]
10. Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Save The World (Alesso Remix vs. Original Mix) [EMI]
11. Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus (Eric Prydz Remix) [Mute] w/ Pryda – Muranyi [Pryda]
12. ID (54min)
13. ID (58min)
14. Avicii – Sweet Dreams (Swede Dreams Mix) [Joia]
15. Avicii – Levels [White Label] w/ Etta James – Something’s Got A Hold On Me (Acappella) [Geffen]
16. Avicii – Nothing Without You (Instrumental Mix) [White Label] w/ Adele – Rolling In The Deep (Acappella) [XL]
17. Avicii & Sebastien Drums – My Feelings For You [Work Machine]
18. Kings Of Tomorrow feat. Julie McKnight – Finally (Avicii’s Sunshine Bootleg) [White Label]
19. Armin van Buuren feat. Laura V – Drowning (Avicii Remix) [Armada]
20. Avicii – Fade Into Darkness (Penguin) [Ministry of Sound]
21. Tim Berg feat. Amanda Wilson – Seek Bromance (Avicii’s Vocal Mix) [Ministry of Sound]
22. Tom Hangs feat. Shermanology – Blessed (Avicii Edit) [Spinnin]
23. Pendulum – The Island (Steve Angello, AN21 & Max Vangeli Remix) [Size / One More Tune]
24. Tim Berg, Norman Doray & Sebastien Drums – Tweet It [Size] w/ Empire of the Sun – Walking On A Dream (Acappella) [EMI]
25. Ellie Goulding – Starry Eyed (AN21 & Max Vangeli Remix) [Polydor]
26. Nadia Ali – Rapture (Avicii’s New Generation Remix) [Smile In Bed]