DJ nerds rejoice! Mixed in Key version 5.0 is finally out. Mixed in Key, of course, is a popular piece of software that helps simplify the process of harmonic mixing. For our musically challenged readers, it essentially lets you know what tracks work well together when mixing. Opponents argue that it dumbs down the art of DJing to an almost “paint it by numbers” type process. However, that hasn’t stopped some of the biggest DJs from using it. Kaskade and David Guetta being some of the notable supporters of the software. Unlike previous upgrades, these seem to be substantial improvements. One great new feature is the ability to see key changes within an individual track, particularly helpful for those complex tracks. Available for both Windows and Mac, 5.0 is yours for $58.
We improved our software to make it faster, more accurate and even more useful for DJs.
- Our favorite new features:
- – Multi-core support for faster processing
- – Built-in audio player
- – Brand-new key detection for Version 5.0
- – Ability to see key changes in the middle of the track
- – Clickable “Camelot” wheel to browse songs quickly
- – Support for more file formats
- – Improved analysis for short samples and producer packs
Mixed In Key integrates with all your favorite DJ software and hardware. Use it with Traktor, Serato, Pioneer CD-Js, Ableton Live, and more.
Made the upgrade to 5.0? Let us know what you think.