Want an easy way to make sure you are up to date on all the latest, best music? Dancing Astronaut takes a look at the top 10 tracks of October based on a combination of reader feedback, quality of the track, editorial preference & critical reception.
October saw some phenomenal tracks released. This month’s list includes entries from Avicii, Fedde Le Grand, Dada Life & Dirty South. Click after the break to see which tracks we thought deserved to be included in the top 10 as well as who snagged the October #1.
10. Tove Styrke – Call My Name (Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman Remix)
Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman are two of our picks for up and coming superstars. They have come out with some fantastic remixes this year and are on their way to the top.
9. David Guetta ft. Usher – Without You (Armin Van Buuren Remix)
The King of Trance, Armin Van Buuren, does his take on one of the most played songs on the radio right now. The result shows that Armin’s style is still evolving, yet the quality remains the same.
8. Yves Larock, Jesus Luz – Running Man feat. Liliana Almeida (Hard Rock Sofa Remix)
Hard Rock Sofa remixes Yves Larock & Jesus’s Luz’s “Running Man” into an awesome pulsing tune that is darker than what we have come to expect from Yves.
7. Spencer & Hill ft. Nadia Ali – Believe It (Original Mix)
Nadia Ali’s voice radiates throughout the song while Spencer and Hill provide us with an electro bassline to die for.
6. Dada Life – Happy Violence (Caveat Remix)
The original is a fantastic track on its own, but this dubsteppy remix made by a 16 year old (!!!) gives it an awesomely different feel.
5. Tristan Garner – Overdrive (Original Mix)
As we said back on October 5th: DO NOT MISS THIS MASTERPIECE!
4. Havana Brown – We Run The Night (Congorock Remix)
Think: Bart B More meets Sidney Samson. You can hear the dutch drums pounding in the background and the drop features an extra dose of dirty.
3. Coldplay – Paradise (Fedde Le Grand Remix)
Fedde has been killing it with his remixes lately and does not disappoint with his remix of “Paradise.” He turns a mellow Coldplay track into a club banger.
2. Dirty South & Those Usual Suspects feat. Erik Hecht – Walking Alone (Original Mix)
This is an absolute anthem. From the second you hear the synth build up begin you know you are in for something epic.
1. Avicii – Levels (Original Mix)
While this has been floating around for a while, 2011’s biggest track got its official release today and in our eyes is a no brainer for this month’s #1.
And DJ/Producer of the Month goes to Kaskade for his incredible Fire & Ice album!
Check back in November 30th for the top 10 tracks of November.