We don’t know how it happened, but Thanksgiving Eve has somewhat inexplicably become one of the year’s biggest and best nights to go out. Not that we’re complaining – the roster of TGE 2011 events is teeming with EDM talent. And, even better, you have all of Thanksgiving Day to recover with turkey, stuffing and carbs galore. Check out our list of the best events in NYC, Miami, LA, Vegas, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia… and let us know in the comments which party you’re hitting up!
New York City
Tim Mason Starkillers at The Hill
We know what you’re thinking: what the hell is The Hill? But hear us out. We obviously love both LAVO and Pacha (and the talent they’re bringing in), but Tim Mason is unquestionably Size Records’ rising star, and The Hill is a tiny venue that will make for a super-intimate show. Plus, tickets are only $20. We were a little surprised to see an Angello acolyte at a bar we know only for its cheap beer, but this unusual combo has epic potential.
Update: Was it too good to be true? The Facebook page for the event says that Mason was forced to cancel due to “work permit issues,” but in his place Starkillers (of “Pressure” and “Take Over (Hey)” fame) will perform. We’d still hit up this event for a chance to see another big name in the making.
• Erick Morillo and Danny Tenaglia at Pacha
• Tommy Lee, DJ Aero and Zedd at Webster Hall
• Dada Life at Surrender. Yes, this is truly the only EDM event in Vegas… Coolio is at LAVO. Seriously.
Our Pick: Miami is so stacked this year, we just can’t decide. Here are your options…
• Steve Aoki at Mansion
• R3hab at Wall
• Boys Noize at Liv. Good luck choosing among the four!
Our Pick: Bingo Players at Playhouse.
Bingo Players have been rocking the Beatport charts, with one club-rattling banger after another (get it?). Their live set promises more of the same craziness.
• Gabriel & Dresden and Chris Cox at Avalon
• Manufactured Superstars at Supperclub
• Martin Solveig at Enclave
• Chuckie at The Mid
• Bad Boy Bill at Ruby Skye (bring canned food or an unwrapped/unused toy and get in for free!)
• Sebastian Ingrosso at Glow@Fur
• Thomas Gold at Whisper