Wow. If you thought yesterday was a big day in music — think again. Wednesday seemed to be a deluge of new tracks, mixes, and videos, but we still barely scratched the surface of the goings on in dance music today. Thankfully we’ve rounded up the Best of the Rest for you once again, including a mix from BeatauCue, free downloads from Dannic and Dillon Francis, and a few other good articles from around the web. Keep reading for the goods.
DA ARTICLES YOU CAN’T MISS
1. UMF TV episode one debuts with a nice, lengthy video feature on Avicii.
2. A-Trak is out with his July mix for Fool’s Gold Radio.
3. Justice has done itself with their latest video for “New Lands.” You know how they say Red Bull gives you wings? Well… just watch the video.
4. Wanna go to Ibiza or Governors Island on Thomas Gold’s dime? Just enter his Golden Ticket contest and you just might win the trip of a lifetime for you and a friend.
MORE MUSIC AND NEWS
1. Rolling Stone has once again caught up with Skrillex, who discusses “the future of dance music and pitfalls of fame.”
2. Billboard continues to explore the infusion of branding in dance music, and tells the story of how iHome landed the title sponsorship for this summer’s Identity Festival.
3. Pierce Fulton gives us an inside look into his home studio, makes love to a talk box, and premieres his new remix for Steve Aoki.
4. French disco house producers, BeatauCue release their hour long Summer 2012 mix – mixing 42 tracks in under an hour, ranging from disco to tech house this mix bumps all the way through. They will be performing at Temple in San Franciso on August 3rd and at Avalon in Hollywood on August 10th so be sure to check them out – you won’t be disappointed.
5. We have already shared Bassjackers’ remix of Cherry Cherry Boom Boom’s “Come Back From San Francisco,” and now we have Michael Wood’s spin. Woods opposes Bassjackers distorted electro with thumping bass and intricate drums.
6. Trance specialists Anjunabeats have released a deep house EP from Alfred Taylor featuring the tracks “Don’t You Leave Me” and “Anything.” Both outings come off as light and feel-good listens but feature intriguing profound bass.
7. Dillion Francis takes a break from the moombah and takes on trap music. “Masta Blasta” was featured in A-Trak’s mix last month and Francis is giving it away for free.
8. Dannic releases another free bootleg this time of Wolfgang Gartner vs Julie McKnight -”How Soon Is Red Line.” Grab it here.
9. Mustard Pimp remixes Steve Aoki’s “Rob Roy” with their patented gritty electro sound.
10. Promise Land has a new track coming out August 12th with vocals from Georgi Kay of “In My Mind” fame. “Emotions” has nice, uplifting synths before switching up into a harder electro drop. It will be out on August 12th.
That’s all for today, folks.