DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine #3
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week features Photek’s heart-warming remix of “Ride,” Maya Jane Coles’ brilliant remix of “Rule the World,” Vincenzo’s “Sleepless,” Das Kapital’s take on “Skinny Love,” and Emancipator’s “Elephant Survival.” If you missed any of DA‘s more soothing selections from the week, make sure to check out Kill Paris’s R&B-dubstep track “Tender Love”, Minnesota’s remix of Adventure Club’s “Need Your Heart,” Pierce Fulton’s blissful remix of the Killers’ “Runaways,” and Amtrac’s new funky original “Those Days.” For five tracks to remedy your aching, post-weekend-partying body, click past the break.
1. Lana Del Rey’s luscious vocals are amplified to a spiritual level in Photek’s new remix of “Ride.”
2. Maya Jane Coles’ remix of Rashid Ajami’s “Rule the World” is an entrancing progressive house masterpiece.
3. Vincenzo’s original “Sleepless” pulls you in deeper and deeper, till you can’t help but admire the sparkling synths and hypnotic percussion.
4. Das Kapital provides a glitch hop flavored spin on Bon Iver’s iconic track, “Skinny Love.”
5. Emancipator’s “Elephant Survival” is an excellent downtempo production, featuring wind flutes, raw percussion, and humming voices.
Categories: Sunday Morning Medicine