Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week features Booka Shade’s masterful original “Tomorrow Belongs to Us,” Egokind’s organic edit of “This Love,” Alle Farben’s recent remix of Daughter’s “Youth,” Jacques Greene’s remix of “The Perfect Blues,” and Bassnectar’s spiritual original “Butterfly.”
If you missed any of DA‘s more chilled out posts from the week, make sure to check out Viceroy’s summer-tinged “While We’re in Love,” Anjunadeep’s deep/prog house Remixes Collection 02, Minnesota’s trip hop-flavored “To the Floor,” and Adventure Club’s visceral remix of “Lullabies.” For five tracks to remedy your weekend hangover, click past the break.
1. Booka Shade’s “Tomorrow Belongs to Us” is beautifully addictive deep house.
2. Egokind offers a free download of his upbeat edit to Julia Stone’s “This Love,” featuring catchy string play and organic soundscapes.
3. Alle Farben’s tranquil remix of Daughter’s “Youth” is perfect for a rainy day or a lazy Sunday afternoon.
4. Jacques Green provides a soulfully stellar remix of Jesse Boykins III’s “The Perfect Blues.”
5. Bassnectar’s “Butterfly” is deep, ethereal dubstep, with a twinkling piano melody and resounding, echoing bass.