Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week features Virgin Magnetic Material’s otherworldly take on Little Dragon’s “Ritual Union,” Griz‘s glitchy remix of “Dream On,” Daniel Dubb’s rework of “I Got Five on It,” Jonas Rathsman’s deep disco tune “Tobago,” and James Zabiela’s celestial original “The Healing.”
If you missed any of DA‘s more mellow posts from the week, make sure to check out Coyote Kisses’ catchy cover of Seven Lions’ “Days to Come,” Jack Beats’ mellow new original “Storm,” Culprit One’s DJ Shadow-tribute mixtape, and Tiga’s funky remix of Duke Dumont’s “The Giver.” For five tracks to ease the aching pain of your hungover brain, click past the break.
1. Virgin Magnetic Material provides a dreamy remix to Little Dragon’s “Ritual Union,” creating an entrancing beat for Nagano’s luscious vocals.
2. Griz puts a catchy glitch hop/dubstep spin on Aerosmith’s “Dream On.”
3. Daniel Dubb provides a deep house “original rework” of the classic hip hop track “I Got Five on It” by Luniz.
4. Jonas Rathsman creates light-hearted, deep disco house with “Tobago.”
5. James Zabiela’s aptly titled original “The Healing” is five minutes of downtempo, ambient bliss.