DA’s Sunday Morning Medicine
Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week features a divine remix from Flume, French Express deep house by Isaac Tichauer, Maya Jane Coles’ dubstep side project Nocturnal Sunshine, a mesmerizing remix from Trentemøller, and an upbeat minimal original from Dismantle.
If you missed any of last week’s more immersive posts, make sure to check out Julio Bashmore’s deep remix of Justin Timberlake, Hot Since 82′s deep house EP Hot Jams Volume 2, and Maceo Plex’s forthcoming remix to Ali Love’s “Emperor.” For five tracks to expand your music horizons and provide some aural therapy in the process, click past the break.
1. Though Flume is just catching on, the Australian wonderkind has been putting out good music for years. His 2011 remix of New Navy’s “Zimbabwe” is purely transcendental.
2. A release from French Express should never be overlooked. Isaach Tichauer delivers some delicious deep house as per usual from the wonderfully consistent label. Pick this one up as a free download.
3. I didn’t think it could be done, but Maya Jane Coles has somehow combined the worlds of deep house and dubstep with her sexy side project Nocturnal Sunshine. Her remix of Alpines’ “Cocoon” is one of the coolest things you’ll hear all day.
4. Trentemøller’s remix of his own “Moan” is a sultry take on the dark original. Undressing itself slowly, the deeper you get into the track, the more difficult it becomes to avert your ears from its seductive pull.
5. Finally, we pick up the tempo for a bouncy, minimal original from Dismantle.