With the rise of streaming and the subsequent focus on releasing singles and EPs, many artists have more or less abandoned the LP format. Paul Van Dyk is not in this camp, choosing to release a brand new album titled From Then On, to be the trance legend’s eighth studio album.The album is set to be released on October 20th, and is a reflection of a turning point in the German producer’s life. Van Dyk fell 20 feet from a gap in the stage during the 15th birthday bash for ASOT in early 2016. Van Dyk’s renewed perspective during his world travels and the struggle he experienced during his recovery shaped the album. Paul’s heightened awareness meant he also derived great joy from the simple acts he could perform himself, and a newfound appreciation for the small things in life.
From Then On is Paul’s most personal work to date and showcases the producer’s continued devotion to Trance. Three singles from the album have already been released, “Touched by Heaven,” “Everyone Needs Love” and “Stronger Together” (listen below). The album’s title track From Then On is a collaboration with Leroy Moreno and will be released September 22nd.
From Then On will be released on Paul van Dyk’s label, VANDIT Records, on October 20th. Check out the full track list below.
1. While You Were Gone (w/ Vincent Corver)
2. Inhale (w/ M.I.K.E. Push & Fred Baker)
3. Touched By Heaven
4. I Am Alive
5. Everyone Needs Love (w/ Ronald van Gelderen ft. Gaelan & Eric Lumiere)
6. Breaking Dawn (w/ Alex M.O.R.P.H.)
7. Vortex (w/ James Cottle)
8. The Code (w/ Jordan Suckley)
9. Stronger Together (w/ Pierre Pienaar)
10. From Then On (w/ Leroy Moreno)
11. Fairytales (w/ Steve Allen)
12. Close Call (w/ Tristan D)
13. Escape Reality Tonight (w/ Emanuele Braveri ft. Rebecca Louise Burch)
14. Safe Haven